# Open source
Use of FFmpeg has been removed from Timelord as of 1.1.3. The functionality has been moved to Anubis.
Timelord utilizes a binary of the open source project FFmpeg (opens new window) and the libx264 (opens new window) library. This binary is released under the GNU GPL (opens new window) license. Its unmodified source code is available here (opens new window).
# Build configuration
FFmpeg was compiled based on these guides (opens new window) using the following configuration.
./configure --prefix=/usr/local --enable-gpl --enable-libass \ --enable-libfreetype --enable-libmp3lame --enable-libtheora --enable-libvorbis \ --enable-libvpx --enable-libx264 --enable-libx265 --enable-libopus --enable-libxvid \ --samples=fate-suite/
The binary is called from the command line with the arguments:
ffmpeg -y -i FILEINPATH -c:v libx264 -profile:v high -pix_fmt yuv420p -preset veryfast -crf 22 -vf "scale=WIDTH:-1, crop=trunc(iw/2)*2:trunc(ih/2)*2" FILEOUTPATH
# Binary path
The FFmpeg binary bundled with the extension, but may be accessed and replaced by doing a manual installation. From the installation path, FFmpeg may be found at:
# Debug flag
Editing an unsigned Adobe extension requires enabling the debug flag.
- Mac: In the Terminal, type: defaults write com.adobe.CSXS.8 PlayerDebugMode 1
- Windows: Openregedit > HKEY_CURRENT_USER/Software/Adobe/CSXS.8, then add a new entry PlayerDebugMode of type “string” with the value of “1”.
# Redistribution compliance
The FFmpeg source code is available online (opens new window) but in complicance with GNU GPL, a copy of such source code also can be obtained from us on physical media for a period of three years after our last shipment of this product by requesting such a copy from email@example.com and payment of $20.00 USD with the following shipping information:
- The source code you request by name
- Product Name/ID which contains subject open source software
- Your name
- Company, Division and Attention (if you are a company or any other entities)
- Address, Zip code, Country and Telephone number