The stroke cap selector Adobe kinda forgot.
Buttcapper is context sensitive, meaning it understands what you have selected and affects strokes based on this selection.
- If you select a shape, it will change the stroke
- If you select a layer, it will change all the strokes within the layer
- If you deselect all layers, it will change all strokes within the comp
# Set caps
Click to set the stroke caps based on the layer or shape selection. Options are:
# Set joins
Alt or Shift click any of the cap buttons to adjust the stroke joins. Options are:
# Maintain stroke width
Click to apply the most optimized version of the Maintain Stroke Expression with the same logic as the rest of Buttcapper.
Alt or Shift click to remove the expression.
Please read this End User License Agreement (“EULA”) before you download and use Buttcapper.
By purchasing a License Key and/or downloading and using Buttcapper, You agree, without reservation to be bound by the terms of this EULA. If You do not agree with the terms of this EULA, please do not purchase a License Key and/or download and use Buttcapper.View EULA
In newer versions of After Effects, it is possible to install Buttcapper and other scripts without digging through your hard drive.
File > Scripts > Install Script UI Panel…
Restart Ae and Buttcapper will be available in the Window menu at the top of the screen. Scroll down to find the installed scripts.
CC2018 and older
- Unzip the Buttcapper.zip download
- Copy Buttcapper.jsxbin to the ScriptUI Panels folder
- Restart After Effects
- Buttcapper will be available in the Window menu at the top of the screen. Scroll down to find the installed scripts.
Applications\After Effects #version#\Scripts\ScriptUI Panels
Program Files\Adobe\Adobe After Effects #version#\Support Files\Scripts\ScriptUI Panels
Since screen real-estate is so precious inside of Ae, and you may only use 1-2 of the buttons, it is easy to customize your interface with Kbar.
If you don't know about Kbar, your productivity has been taking a major hit without even knowing it. Buy it, use it, thank me later.
- Right click the Kbar panel to open Settings
- Click Add Button
- Select Run JSX/JSXBIN File
- Navigate to the Buttcapper.jsx file (probably in the
After Effects\Scripts\ScriptUI Panelsfolder)
- If you stop right here, clicking the new button will open the whole Buttcapper panel
- In the optional Script Function field type the name of the button. The available names are:
- (optional) Click the ICON button to set a custom icon
- Drop down the top menu and select PNG/SVG
- Click the BROWSE button to locate the files included with the download
- Click OK to close the icon picker
- Click OK to close the script picker
- The new button will be added to Kbar
Released: September 15, 2020
- Apply Maintain Stroke Width expression button
- Scripting formatting for easier use with Kbar
- UI simplification
- Icon redesign
- HiDPI icons
- Button color variation
Released: August 18, 2015
- Initial release